Marriage License

The County Clerk/Recorder office can issue a marriage license the same day of application.  If you are getting married in Idaho, you may obtain a marriage license from any county in Idaho, regardless of the county in which the ceremony will be taking place.

To obtain a marriage license in Valley County:

      • Both parties are required to apply to fill out the marriage affidavit at the same time, in person;
      • Social Security numbers must be provided when applying for a Marriage License;
      • Cost of Marriage License is $30 cash or check only (price includes mailing of one certified copy.  If you would like to receive additional certified copies, it will be $2 per additional copy);
      • Blood tests are not required.


Applicants 16 through 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian*. The applicant must present one of the following four:

      1. Original birth certificate or certified copy;
      2. Current driver’s license;
      3. Passport; or
      4. State-issued identification card.

Parent or legal guardian to complete an Affidavit of Consent to Marriage of Minor

*Legal guardian must supply a certified copy of their appointment of guardianship.

Applicants under 16 years of age need a court order


Do I need to be a resident of Idaho to obtain a marriage license?

No; however, with an Idaho State Marriage License, you must get married in Idaho.

Is there a waiting period before using the license?

No, you may get married the same day.

Can I use this Marriage License in another state?

No, an Idaho State Marriage License is only valid for ceremonies performed in Idaho.

When will the Marriage License expire?

There is no expiration date on the license. If not returned within a year, please contact Vital Statistics at (334-5980).

When we receive the Marriage License, are we married?

No, an authorized clergy member, judge, or other designated official must perform the ceremony.

Are marriage ceremonies performed in the clerk's office?

No, you may contact a judge to make an appointment for the same day or for the future. A list of judges is available at the Recorder’s Office.

Is my last name automatically changed after the ceremony?

No, you must present a certified copy of the Marriage License to both the Social Security Office and the Department of Motor Vehicle. (A certified copy of your Marriage License will be mailed to the address you have provided after the Recorder’s Office receives the bottom section from the officiant.)

County Clerk

Doug Miller
Phone: (208) 382-7102
Fax: (208) 382-7107

Chief Deputy Clerk, Payroll

Gabrielle Knapp
Phone: (208) 382-7104
Fax: (208) 382-7107

Deputy Recorder

Amanda Fisette
Phone: (208) 382-7100 Ext 2
Fax: (208) 382-7107

Senior Deputy Auditor, Accounts Payable, Election Clerk

KC Mauk
Phone: (208) 382-7103
Fax: (208) 382-7107

Deputy Auditor, Accounts Receivable

Rheta Clingan
Phone: (208) 382-7101
Fax: (208) 382-7107

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Cascade Address:
PO Box 1350
Cascade, ID 83611