The Assessor acts as a vendor for the Idaho Transportation Department and provides a more convenient location for Valley County residents to handle registrations.
REGISTER A VEHICLE IN IDAHO
- Vehicles must be titled in Idaho before they can be registered. You can register your vehicle immediately after titling.
- If you are a new resident, you must register and title your vehicle(s) within 90 days
- For Idaho dealer purchases, bring your pink-colored form (#ITD-502), “Report of Sale and Application for Idaho Title” you received from the dealer. You may also transfer or purchase new registration for Idaho Dealer purchases online through itd.idaho.gov/dmv
TITLE A VEHICLE IN IDAHO
- Signed off by the seller
- If there is a lienholder, bring account number and fax number for lienholder's Titles Department along with proof of ownership (registration, dealer invoice, etc.)
- If your title has been lost, you will need to apply for a duplicate title from the state of issuance
- VIN Inspection for any vehicle without an Idaho Title
- Idaho Driver License number or current out-of-state ID and SSN
Some situations are unique and require additional documents.
If you have questions about what documents are needed for your situation, please contact us.
ONLINE REGISTRATION RENEWAL/ TRANSFER/ NEW ISSUE
You may be able to transfer or purchase new registration for vehicles purchased through an Idaho dealer. Additional information on renewals, transfer, or new registrations can be found at itd.idaho.gov/dmv
Drivers licenses, drivers permits, and concealed weapons are issued by the Valley County Sheriff’s Office.