Juvenile Detention Facility
County detention centers are meant to be utilized typically as a short-term placement to hold juveniles until they appear in Court after taken into custody by law enforcement, or as a sanction after court hearings. You may contact the Detention Facility directly by calling (208) 634-4131 ext. 4.
Sundays 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Thursdays 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Each call shall be no longer than 10 minutes. A maximum of 4 phone calls per week is permitted.
First two (2) days 6:30pm – 7:30pm
After first two (2) days 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Saturdays 7:30pm – 10:00pm
- Visitations and phone calls are limited to parents, grandparents, and legal guardians. Any other special consideration will require permission from the Juvenile Probation Officer, Detention Supervisor, or Director.
- Detention Officers will not “force” a resident to participate in a visitation.
- Visitors will be required to present personal identification.
- Due to limited space, each Resident may be limited to two (2) visitors at a time.
- Residents are permitted to have a total of up to two (2) hours visitation per week.
- Visits will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. If no visitation has been scheduled in advance, Detention Staff will try to accommodate visitation requests during normal visitation hours. Those families who have scheduled visitation in advance will be given priority.
- No personal property may be brought into the Juvenile Detention Center. This includes, but is not limited to, coats, purses, hats, tobacco products, knives, electronic equipment, etc. Please leave all contraband outside of the facility.
- During visitation there will be no whispering and hands need to remain above the table in plain view at all times.
- Visitors may bring two (2) books or magazines to give to Residents. All reading material will be reviewed by Detention Staff. Any material deemed inappropriate will be withheld. Inappropriate reading material will be stored with Residents persona items until release. All other correspondence must be sent via US Postal Service.
- Any visitor smelling of alcohol or who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied visitation privileges.
- Visitors who are loud, disruptive, uncooperative, or disrespectful in any way will be asked to leave. Staff will not hesitate to cal local Law Enforcement if necessary.
Director of Court Services
Phone: 208-634-5652 x 227
Community Service & Program Coordinator
Phone: 208-634-5652 x 221
Diversion Coordinator, Unsupervised Probation Monitor
Phone: 208-634-5652 x 228
Adult Misdemeanor Probation Officers
Phone: 208-634-5652 x 232
Phone: 208-634-5652 x 231
Juvenile Probation Officer
Phone: 208-634-5652 x 230
Phone: 208-634-5652 x 222
550 Deinhard Ln
McCall, Idaho 83638
8:00 am - 5:00 p.m.